Counter

Thursday, May 30, 2013

A hefty break

Well that was a long break since my first post - over three years in fact - and a lot has happened in those three years:

I've started sewing - more on this later but I love it
I've made so many more knitted projects, and really need to get back on that after a short hiatus
I bought a flat! Yep, a fully fledged, grown up, mortage ridden flat
I got a new car (its yummy)

So things have definitely changed. For the better? Yes I think so, after all why would we try to move backwards in life right? Whatever we do we do because we think it will make life better for us or those around us, even if it's just because it gives us enjoyment at the time.

So...onto sewing. My parents bought me a sewing machine last year for my birthday (I found a nearly new one on gumtree) and I've been making a number of different things, and have recently ventured into dressmaking, making some dresses, skirts etc. I was recently lucky enough to be able to splurge on an overlocker from some leftover Christmas money which has made everything SO much easier. Over the weekend I made two infinity dresses and a pair of pajama bottoms (which I haven't got out of yet - love em!) Here's the first one I made - it was difficult to get the printed jersey pattern to match up, but as luck would have it the width of the pattern repeat was exactly the size I needed for one skirt panel. The next one I made I used a circle rather than tube skirt, made the straps thinner and made it shorter:



Check out a post tomorrow on my fabric shopping guide to Walthamstow Market - I love it! And I have enough of this patterned jersey left to make something else - not sure what though. Any suggestions?

Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment